Wednesday, January 28, 2009

37 weeks - update

Sorry for not posting in a while it’s been a little crazy over here :)
Last week I went to see Dr. H (Perinatologist) for our every other week appointment and we found out that all the intestines are up. Before we only had the stomach and about 1/3 of the intestines in his chest and now they are all up giving the lungs less space to grow and develop. The baby looked good and he was doing his “practice breathing” so at least that’s good news. His estimated weight last week was 6 lbs and 7 oz. and the amniotic fluid was on 18.2 which is good b/c it was high in previous appointments.

I also had my ob/gyn appointment this past Monday, my blood pressure was good and I have already dilated 3cm. So we are just waiting on him to decide to come out :) I hope he comes soon now that his situation has gotten worse.

We will be delivering at Northside Hospital, and as soon as he is born they will take him to the NICU at the same hospital. After they stabilize him and they see what we are dealing with, if he needs the ECMO machine (which I hope he doesn't) he will be transferred to Children’s at Egleston and if he doesn’t need it he will be transferred to Children’s at Scottish Rite which is across the street from Northside.

My next ob appointment is next Monday 2/2 but I don't think I'll make it :) Maybe we will have a super bowl baby.

~ Carla

10 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

Many prayers for your little one. :-) I know you are excited and nervous and probably many other emotions. We will be thinking of you!

Cindy said...

I'll also be praying for you and your little boy.

My daughter was born with CDH and her stomach, spleen, small intestine, part of her large intestine, and part of her liver were all up. She surprised everyone and did great, so you just never know.

Her left lung was completely collapsed, but it unfurled and inflated once they gave it some room. I think it's hard to see the lungs on an ultrasound, plus if they are not inflated then you can't tell how big they really are.

Liz and Shane said...

I wish you didn't have to go through this with your baby. I remember feeing anxious and scared at the same time. I couldn't believe all these emotions at the same time . The Doctors told us that our daughter's intestines, spleen, stomach and part of her liver were up in her chest. When they did her surgery the liver wasn't up in her chest. They gave her 30% survival rate. She shocked everyone. She was in the hospital for 23 days. Miracles happen! Remain strong and be positive. We are praying for you. I am here for you if you need anything.

Diana Morquecho said...

Hola Carla, I just found out about what's going on with your pregnancy! I know how worried you are, since my last pregnancy was very risky. I can tell you to have faith and always believe that god will help you, and your wonderful baby will be healthy after all. Try to enjoy the last days of this pregnancy and let your little boy know your excited to meet him, im sure it's hard to have all the mix emotions. I will pray for him and i hope we can get in touch soon.

libertad15 said...

Sky and Carla;
Things may look bad, but having a positive attitude will help you to pass this situation. God has his way of working things out, things that may look bad now, tomorrow will be just a memory. Have faith and hope that everything will be all right. The baby will be good and he will grow older with you guys. I will pray for you guys and please if you need anything, let me know I can run to the hospital and give you support. He will be fine!!!

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers for your little one and your family.

Anonymous said...

Prayers and goo energy to you and baby. It is just around the corner!!!how exciting.
Marilu Ornelas
33 wks preg with CDH

Alex, Ingrid, Alina & Robbie Houchin said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your baby boy. I know how frightening it can be thinking about what will happen after you give birth but try to stay positive. You've done very well to have gone as far as 37 weeks. Alina was born with everything in her chest and she did very well. At the end of the day, the doctors won't know the full story until your baby is born. Good luck and we hope that you have an easy delivery.
Hugs,
Ingrid, Alex & Alina

Tracy Meats said...

Many prayers for an easy labor and delivery for you!! Many prayers for your precious little boy that he comes out fighting and his ready for the journey that lies before him!! Try to remain positive and strong for your son, for CDH babies do amazing things! From your picture on your blog, you have a beautiful family and I am sure you can't wait to meet your son.

Sending you lots of positive thoughts and energy in the weeks to come, Tracy Meats - mom to Ian, born with a LCDH on 4/3/04 and WY and CO State Rep. for CHERUBS

Anonymous said...

Wow! You have been through so much with your little fighter. I want you to know that there are people all over the country praying for him. I sent your information to friends and family all over this great country and I know they are pulling for you through prayer and thought.

You have a miracle baby. Our prayers are with you that little Joseph continues to fight.

Linda