Thursday, January 8, 2009

My 2 Cents for what doesn't make sense.

This is indeed a very difficult situation we are dealing with. It hasn't really hit me yet because I haven't given it a chance to sink in. I was so excited to finally be having a son but when I found out that we could be possibly preparing a funeral for him after his birth or even later on in his childhood I just couldn't believe it. I have to give thanks to Carla for doing her best to stay positive and healthy for the baby's sake and also to our families for their love and support. Carla's mom has come to stay with us to help Carla out and my father and step mother have already blocked off time in their busy schedule to be in ATL as soon as Carla goes into labor. I think Carla will need all the support she can get during her labor and postpartum. I have to stay strong so I can continue to hold everything together for our family and business. My step mother Mignon sent me an email with a scripture a little while back that I read everyday. I'm not a very religious person but I have gotten closer to God on a personal level and it definitely has helped me keep it together.

Here is the quote I read everyday (It's posted on the wall next to my computer screen so I have to see it)

Let Go, Let God
I let go of all concern and trust God for the perfect outcome.
Awaiting the outcome of a situation can challenge my peace of mind, but only if I let it. I choose not to let it.
Looking to God in prayer, I call upon my vital source of inner strength. I deepen my spiritual understanding and gain greater insight and patience. During my prayer time, I release any concerns and preconceived ideas about how the situation will unfold. I am ready for great results.
My faith in God helps me replace any negative perception with a positive outlook. With renewed strength, I relax into a realization of God's presence and let events develop according to divine timing.
Through greater strength and deeper faith, I trust God for the right resolution and the perfect outcome.
"What is my strength, that I should wait? And what is my end, that I should be patient?"--Job 6:11

-Sky a.k.a Daddy

10 comments:

Maxton's Mommy said...

I too am expecting a CDH baby- due date is MArch 10th, but he will be induced sometime before then. It's very overwhelming thinking about possibly planning a funeral but you just have to remain positive and hope/pray for the best outcome for your little one. We will be adding you to our prayer list. If you need to talk, please email me- ashleynaye@aol.com.

Ashley

*super dude and super dog* said...

I found your blog through the Parker Reese Foundation. We know how overwhelming this can be. Please contact us anytime we can offer support or advice. Try to remain positive for that little fighter. We've learned that you have to be patient and place the control in the hands of God. It's a tough road, but certainly worth it when you see that little miracle.

Elizabeth said...

Found your blog through Sofia's blog - it is very hard and you will think that there are times you will break from this. It makes you stronger.

Don't plan a funeral. Plan what you are - taking care of yourself and your family through this. Each day is a gift.

Keeping your little one and you all in my thoughts and prayers,
Elizabeth

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am good friends with Carla's Mom Alicia.
My name is Maria and those who knows me call me Marivi :-)
My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.
I feel your pain and know that God is with you.
Do not loose your faith as this is the only thing that keeps us alive and going.
Think that this baby is an angel with a purpose, which purpose is unknow.
He is already a special being from whom we are learning already...Love is great, love is beautiful...Love and God work in mysterious ways....
Let's pray!
Big hugs to all, even though, I do not know you, but already knowing some of your family makes me feel like I already do :-)
Big Hugs to all,
Marivi

Sky + Carla said...

Thank you all so much for the kind words and encouragement. I'm still kind of in a daze about what's going on but I'm looking forward to seeing my little guy soon. However I'm kind of nervous about being in the delivery room. We really appreciate everyone's support during this difficult time and our prayers and thanks go out to you as well.

Thanks,

Sky

Burt and Christy Michel said...

I know how scary it is for ya'll right now. Congratulations on the safe arrival of your sweet little guy. Just remember one moment at a time. Try not to think to far ahead it will stress you out more. Take all the pics you can you can never take enough. When Joseph gets older he can see how far he has come.
Sending lots of Prayers your way.
Christy Michel ( cherubs )
mommy to Drake Alexander Michel.

Anonymous said...

Sky and Carla, Me, Tim, Eric, Nicholas and Emma and your Great Aunt Melva have Joseph in our prayers daily and know that he'll get better and better. We look forward to spending time with your dad, Mignon and your beautiful little girls while they are her. If you need anything let us know!

Sky + Carla said...

It is so great to hear from you all. Thanks so much for the love and support.

-Sky

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that i am praying for you and your family. I have faith everything will work out and Joseph will get stronger each and every day:) Also, i have told my family, and we all are praying for this special miracle. Keep us informed on how he is doing. We hope to see you and Baby Joseph soon.

Love,
Lauren Leal and family

Anonymous said...

hey i hope that Joseph makes it through. I know how much joy a baby can bring since my little brother was born in october. I hope that you guys get through this ok and that you too can get to smile back and tear up to him smiling at you with those little eyes :)

HOPE YOU MAKE IT JOSEPH!!!!!!!!